At Webworks, we’re a team of world-class creatives, builders, operators, and investors who have started experience starting companies from a napkin, growing them to millions of users and successfully scaling those companies towards exit. We’ve done it before. We started Webworks to help build local companies, right here in the Limestone City. We have now shifted our focus to build lifelong relationships with local businesses.
- Develops written, graphics, video content and other assets for new and existing websites and other digital platforms
- Updates and monitors day-to-day social media channels of Kingston Webworks and ensures consistency and relevancy of content published online
- Participates in managing the digital campaigns and e-newsletters
- Works closely with clients to develop content for their respective websites
- Coordinates with website designers to ensure consistency and accuracy of the content
- Assists in system administration of content management systems when required
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the CTO
- A minimum of three years of progressive work experience managing and editing website content and social media channels
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to write and edit SEO-optimized web content in English.
- Demonstrated experience with web content management systems like WordPress
- Experience in web and graphic design, typography, illustration, and animation
- Experience in web authoring and building interactive content, animation and graphics tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Fireworks, Acrobat, and SharePoint Designer
- Experience in HTML and CSS
- Experience in Multimedia and video creation, encoding, streaming and editing tools such as Adobe Premiere and FinalCut Pro, Adobe Flash, Camtasia, and Adobe Captivate
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of current trends in web and social media trends in industry and education
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology in the workplace
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Highly developed organizational skills are required
- The ability to work effectively as a team member in a multicultural environment
- A demonstrated willingness to engage in professional development activities in order to develop and improve new and current skills and to adapt to the evolving needs of the organization
At Webworks, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. It will be challenging work, but at the same time much more exciting and fulfilling than a regular 9-5 job. Why not be part of a growing Canadian company with a focus on helping local businesses take on the digital world.